So I missed Carla’s halfdozendaily Sunday night chit chat , but I’m
Reading, or have just finished, Jacque Pepins biography, very good and some great recipes.Also, Debbie Macomber’s new book, Starting Now, kinda sappy.
- Listening to?
- Happy you accomplished this week?
- Looking forward to next week?
- Thankful for today?
- *Bonus Question*
and a quick recapture of Jeanette Walls, The Glass Castle, depressing yet inspiring that she became a successful writer.
listening to my son complain that told him to fold laundry.
- We watched more Castle season 3
- Yesterday, I did some batch cooking from “Not your mothers freezer cooking, so I made chicken breast to use in some recipes, 12 baked stuffed potatoes, bread, and I think there was one other.
- It seemed a lot, I sold the tree fort, Waldorf toy, very nice.did a huge thrift store drop off, did all the zone work ,Flylady!
- This week, working my 3 shifts at the library, walking, and generally just life. Oh, it’s my daughter, Sachi’s birthday!
- As always , just being alive and having a very good quality of life.
- I don’t know, now that I’ve gone full with minimalism, none of the household coheres are overwhelming,and I do flylady’s zones so nothing really adds up.
so it should be a fun week.
Update, student loans figured out, payment will be $507. Seriously , do we look like we can afford that, but it’s the government, and like taxes, you find a wAy. Ugh…not too happy about it but well have the Prius paid off in 4 months, so then it’ll be better. I’m going to see how I can make an extra payment on the Prius to get done sooner.
- Make menu.
- work on our very slim budget for next week, with the dreaded SL finally figured out, it is going to hurt, a lot:(
- go to staples( I have coupons)
- do some Flylady stuff.
- grocery store, I saw a couple of BOGO . I’m trying to really work these things.
- Make two freezer meals.
Menu for week
Saturday: meatloaf, baked potatoes, salad, veggie burger .
sunday : steak , salad, tofu.
Monday:grilled chicken, salad, black bean burger.
Tuesday: pasta of some sort
Wednesday: birthday girls choice
Friday : tacos
Hopefully next week will even out financially. It’s been tough, I’m hoping with B’s bonus in June we will catching up.
I straightened the pantry. Here’s before and I’ll see if I can add after
So a completely stressful day. Blood test, dentist and the dam studen gloat people. There was good news after being put on hold in 2 separate phone calls for 45 min each. They have separated the loans , but it’s not updated yet. So more waiting….
I’m heading for a glass of wine and think about dinner….
It seems we are off budget, but we’ve had some I unexpected costs, primarily vet bills and a lot of special cat food for Tucker. That was $186 and $56. Plus out of our sinking funds, Costco membership, and AAA membership. So our one sinking fund is down below $1000. That’s part of my zero balance. Hopefully it will get replenished when B’s bonus comes in at the end of June. I’d really like to add at least another $1000.
Z will have books to buy in August for college. And his birthday is August so there’s always more expenses.
we have gotten a place to bring the tent trailer in Tahoe in June. Our favorite place Nevada beach is totally booked solid. I just do t think of it soon enough and then there gone. I’ll keep checking for cancelations which does happen.
I wish the font would stay and not click off. So the budget will be a little tight for the first of June . Most of our big bills, mortgage ,car payments etc are due then. But we only have a handful of Prius payments left which is a good thing because the #%^**** student loans will kick in. I’m still waiting to see the final result with mine being in a total and permanent discharge. It’ll be just B’s but we don’t know what yet.
- Reading? The new Jack Reacher”A Wanted Man” , very good.
- Listening to? We were listening to the wind.
- Watching?later, Castle.
- Cooking/Baking? Made the stuffed shells ,from the freezer cookbook, a big salad with blue cheese dressing.
- Happy you accomplished this week?alot with my new freezer cookbook.
- Looking forward to next week? I have next Saturday off, so I’ll go to the farmers market!
- Thankful for today? My 2 great kids, my cancer is stable, and my husband.
- *Bonus Question* Do you like your name? Would you change it if you could?
- I’ve always liked Anne or Annie.