It’s been a good week overall. I’m happy with the reorganizing and decluttering I did.
- Ate our meals at home and shopped at Grocery Outlet for things to get us through till I shop Costco next week.
- I’m trying to do only 2 very small loads of laundry a day,( white and dark). Although that may not seem frugal, it’s frugal with my time as I keep up on it and it’s not huge loads.
- Read 4 books this week free from Netgalley. They’re e- books but fun. Most were cookbooks but one was a self-help called 30 days to Joy ( or something like that). What I liked about it was her take on just do what brings you joy. I thought that was very simple and yet we need to read or hear that.
- We want to update our kitchen someday( when we have money) Ha….. Ha… but in the meanwhile, I decided to paint the cabinets again so at least they look better. So, instead of groaning we can’t afford to remodel, I bought a high gloss white paint and voila! It’ll do for now.
- All the bills are in for the month and budget done. Unfortunately, we will have a very expensive auto repair on my son’s Subaru. He needed the head gaskets done to the tune of $2500. Plus an accelerator problem. We offered to put it on our CC so he at least has a car. The other option was to sell it as is but then he wouldn’t have a car. So it’s cheaper to fix a car than buy a new used car. So, that won’t be frugal to charge it but it will be cheaper in the long run as hisSubaru will run for a good long while.
Tomorrow we’re going to Home Depot to get the boards for the last garden bed. I budgeted a small amount for this since it’s now or not plant. In the long run, it’ll be frugal when we have lettuce, etc.
Tonight is Friday night Pizza!