We are in for some very cold weather and snow is even predicted for Thursday.
This is a pretty picture of Tahoe though with snow.
Ugh!! I do not like cold weather. It was 41 degrees this morning walking but with a jacket( I have a North Face polar fleece I bought like 8 years ago), it was comfortable. But when it gets to 29 degrees like it is predicted, then that is cold.
So today is a gym day and then some light chores. The zone is the bedroom this week and closet, so I’ll work on the pantry/closet again. It’s just always a work in progress. Our bedroom only has a bed and Heywood dresser, so it’s pretty easy to just tidy and dust and wash the windows.
I downloaded a fun ebook by the author of ‘Decluttering at the speed of Life’
This one was her first one ” How to manage your home without losing your mind’
She is really hysterical to read and I gleaned a few good ideas.
Tomorrow I get my 6-week labs so we shall see. It’s sorta like Russian Roulette. Will they still be normal or will it have changed? Who knows , right??
Tonight I’m making another Skillet recipe from Cook’s Illustrated ‘The Best Skillet Recipes’. I’m making skillet lasagna.
- I think I overdid the gym last week and so this week my ankle has been giving me some trouble and then I had a bad cramp in my hamstring so now I’m hobbling from that pull. It seems better today and I know, from experience, this too shall pass. In the meantime, I only walked a mile this morning and very slow at that. Hopefully, it’ll be better for Santa Barbara next week. I love walking on the beach trail right by the ocean. The weather looks nice but not as warm as I was hoping for.
- Late next week I go for my 6-week labs. There’s always a little anxiety. I think once a cancer patient, going for labs or any tests just brings up past emotions. I am way better than when I first was diagnosed and would have meltdowns. Now I just think about it some and don’t dwell on it. I’m sure, if I was back in the thick of treatment, it’d be different.
- Finished out taxes with Turbo tax and surprisingly we’re getting a small refund. I would have been happy to break even but those Goodwill etc donations do add up.
- Finished paying for my son’s full time semester at CSU Sacramento. We put it on a card to get the reward points. I’ll pay it off next month. He’s doing very well and started a new paid internship. Traveling to Sac State is costing him quite a bit more in gas and food so his money is going there.
- Made a new recipe from one of the cookbooks I bought for a dollar. It is Cooks Illustrated best Skillet recipes. This one was pasta with peas and prosciutto. I had one last pack of prosciutto in the freezer that B got as a sample. You don’t cook the pasta first but do it in the skillet. My son LOVED it and requested it as a rotating dish.
So today I’m going to the gym and just do some upper body weights and then to Tractor Supply store as last week I saw a T-shirt I liked that was inexpensive and made in Viet Nam so hopefully isn’t made in a bad factory.
I don’t need anything from the store so that’s nice.
Dinner is homemade pizza!!
Saw the oncologist yesterday and all is well in myelomaville.
My Labs are almost identical to last time so that’s a relief. I’ll have labs in 6 weeks and then 6 weeks after that and then have an appointment with him.
Very exciting to still be doing well and in remission.
We went to Trader Joes after the appointment and stocked up on lots of goodies. I even bought a couple of frozen pizzas just so when on some Friday night pizza I don’t feel like making it. I also bought a cauliflower crust to try for a gluten-free one. I stocked up on a few spices I needed and olives ,tomato sauce, and nuts.
I do wish there was a TJ’s closer, but since we’re coming back from Sacramento, it’s right off the freeway so quite convenient.
I might go to the gym since yesterday I didn’t go but I may just stay home and putter around. I have some sweet potatoes cooking for lunches or dinners. Plus I made a small chopped veggie tray for snacking.
Tonight is pizza night.
So my total cholesterol can back high at 221. High end is 200. So over but the number they use is the LDL and that number was 118 and the high they wanted was 130 so I should be fine. Plus the ratio was pretty good at 1.51, the high end is 3.0 so overall I’m fine with it all. I didn’t see the glucose fasting test so I was pretty peeved and I’m not doing another fasting test so, either he can use my non-fasting results from my regular labs which were 89. the number that they want is 139 or lower. So that should be fine if they can use that. But I’m not fasting again at least until next year.
Well, today was a gym day and then a bunch of chores.
But I got a nice book from NetGalley so I’m going to go read.
Dinner is ?
I just got back from getting the blood work for the fasting tests. That’s cholesterol and glucose. Plus they require the nicotine test. I’m not sure what my Cholesterol is. I vaguely remember a few years ago it being border- line but then ( I think) after that, the good one was really good. I think that’s when I started walking every day. So it’ll be interesting to see what it is. Then next week are my regular labs, light chains, SPEP, they’re CMP, and BMP. Maybe those are the same, not sure. There’s 4 tests I do so.?
Then next week I see the oncologist as well. B is taking me so I don’t have to drive to Sacramento. I think we’re going to sell the van as it’s really not being used so it’s more likely something is going to go wrong on it. When I use it every day, I can tell how it’s running. But lately, I’m not using it. So, It might be time to just pass it on. Plus I told my son he could have the money for his tuition costs. He’s thinking of classes at Sacramento State instead of San Francisco State. If we could do more I would but we need to save as much as we can for the retirement moment.
After videoing the entry way, I saw some things to change.
This is the before picture. and this is the after
It seems cleaner looking. what do you think? I think I want to get a white basket for dog stuff. Plus, I think want to rehang the metal dust pan somewhere else too.
Well, I’m off to do laundry and maybe go back to town as I need to go the bank. On the other hand, it can wait till tomorrow too.
I’ve been busy meal planning this morning and working on checking what’s in the freezer and pantry. Since we’re doing the Frugalwoods uber frugal month, I plan on eating out of the pantry and freezer as much as possible. I’d like to set a food budget of $400 for the month. I started a spreadsheet, thanks to my tech-savvy daughter for setting it up), that I’m separating food, cat food, nonfood. So the $400 will be food only. So I still need to decide on how much for the other stuff.
I’m making a shepherd’s pie for dinner and then a veggie ham that B got. We haven’t tried it so, I’ll post how it is.
I’m trying something new and taking a video of each room. So far it is a great tool and I redid a few things in the entry way and it looks better. I think seeing it objectively is a such an amazing tool.
This week is the entry way zone and laundry room. So I’ll work on those two areas. Not a lot to declutter but simpler on the eye by removing a few things and repositioning a few.
This week I have a fasting blood test for insurance and then next week is my regular labs. We’ll see.
I’m am so excited for my new lab results. They are great and went down. Ratio excellent.
A wonderful early Christmas present to me.
Another bird picture by my daughter. A woodpecker.
dinner is crockpot pintos.
Here was last nights dinner
Sauteed rainbow chard and rice.