- I think I overdid the gym last week and so this week my ankle has been giving me some trouble and then I had a bad cramp in my hamstring so now I’m hobbling from that pull. It seems better today and I know, from experience, this too shall pass. In the meantime, I only walked a mile this morning and very slow at that. Hopefully, it’ll be better for Santa Barbara next week. I love walking on the beach trail right by the ocean. The weather looks nice but not as warm as I was hoping for.
- Late next week I go for my 6-week labs. There’s always a little anxiety. I think once a cancer patient, going for labs or any tests just brings up past emotions. I am way better than when I first was diagnosed and would have meltdowns. Now I just think about it some and don’t dwell on it. I’m sure, if I was back in the thick of treatment, it’d be different.
- Finished out taxes with Turbo tax and surprisingly we’re getting a small refund. I would have been happy to break even but those Goodwill etc donations do add up.
- Finished paying for my son’s full time semester at CSU Sacramento. We put it on a card to get the reward points. I’ll pay it off next month. He’s doing very well and started a new paid internship. Traveling to Sac State is costing him quite a bit more in gas and food so his money is going there.
- Made a new recipe from one of the cookbooks I bought for a dollar. It is Cooks Illustrated best Skillet recipes. This one was pasta with peas and prosciutto. I had one last pack of prosciutto in the freezer that B got as a sample. You don’t cook the pasta first but do it in the skillet. My son LOVED it and requested it as a rotating dish.
So today I’m going to the gym and just do some upper body weights and then to Tractor Supply store as last week I saw a T-shirt I liked that was inexpensive and made in Viet Nam so hopefully isn’t made in a bad factory.
I don’t need anything from the store so that’s nice.
Dinner is homemade pizza!!
We went over to the pet bookstore this morning. I love that ALL the books are $1.00.
I picked up 3 new cookbooks to peruse and maybe get some ideas. One is a Classic French cooking book. For $1.00 if I don’t like it I can just give it back. Plus it supports the Foothills SPCA.
Then, my van wouldn’t start the other day which was weird as it always starts. So we thought it was the battery and B went dutifully to go buy one to the tune of $157. ( that includes the fees). Well, it wasn’t the battery but I’m sure we needed one anyway. So he called and had AAA tow it 1/8 of a mile away to the garage in town here. So, today, I stopped in to check and the mechanic and owner said the grounding wire had deteriorated so he fixed it. All is well in van land. Not that I use it that much but I still love it. And we do use it to haul hay and Ikea (ha ha) stuff.
Tomorrow is gym day and then some errands I need to run. No one will be here, so I’ll be on pet duty for the day. The doggies expect lunch promptly!!:)
I may venture out to the barn to view what I need to do. I went out there the other day and it looked pretty good. B’s work samples are on one side and he needs these for work so that’s where they live. The middle area is where I need to just kinda re -organize. Most things have been decluttered once, twice, three, four times but there’s always room for improvement. Until the temperatures start hitting 70 which is now, it’s too cold out there plus it’s dark. I mean there are lights but it’s much better if the doors are wide open. My plan is to start with bring out a vinegar water solution and at least wipe the bins down and then look at a little better system of organization. Last year, I must have given away 4 bins of magazines so I’m not sure there is more to get rid of right now. I’d still like to only have 2 bins of the best but that’s still aways off.
Dinner is a stir-fry with leftover chicken from last night.
I decided to send some flowers to my sister as she may be getting out of the hospital on Thursday.
The company Farmgirl flowers have really lovely bouquets.
I thought it would cheer her up. I haven’t heard any updates on the cancer treatment plan but one thing at a time and she needs to get over the surgery and pneumonia.
It was a gym day and then my daughter and decided to get tacos for lunch. Yummy.
Dinner is chicken fajitas with pinto beans and guacamole.
If you want to read something hilarious this is it:
I forgot to post this yesterday. But is worth reading!!
I’ll be back with another post later.
My Sunday routine usually involves making a bigger breakfast for all to enjoy. This morning I made blueberry pancakes, bacon, veggie sausages. No scrambled eggs as my daughter took 2 dozen to sell at work. The girls are starting to really lay now since there is more light.
Speaking of light, wow sunset is 5:30 and sunrise 7:07am. What a difference.
So then we walk later on Sundays by maybe 15 minutes. Just a little give since it’s Sunday. No one showed up till 7:05 or so.
I didn’t start the kitchen zone so that will be tomorrow.
My sister is not doing well and now has pneumonia and a collapsed lung. So not a good scenario. But I am optimistic she will be better soon from that. I looked into flights for about a month from now and the most affordable are midweek.
I went to the gym and it was pretty empty. Maybe Super bowl stuff going on.?
Dinner is a roasted beet salad with spinach/arugula and a Point Reyes blue cheese. Then I’m making tofu salad stuff avocados.
The pot roast came out good. But I realized, I sorta like the idea of pot roast maybe not as much as the real pot roast even though it was tasty.
It is an absolutely beautiful day. Almost 70 degrees and just lovely.
We’ve had quite a few more walkers showing up in the early morning, kinda like ants waking up in spring. I recognize a few from last year. By 7 it’s fairly light out and it’s not really cold.
I’ve just puttered around today. Washed the kitchen floor and vacuumed( well, my husband did):) Then I worked on taxes and Turbo tax makes it so easy…
I started a pot roast in my new white LeCrueset. I love that pot. I’ve been making most of my stuff in it and it’s just great. The pot roast was the one I bought last week at the Farmers market and is local beef. Hopefully, it will be tasty. I’m making a nut loaf for the veggie as I froze a few individual ones at Thanksgiving. I need to do more of them as it is such a nice thing to just grab from the freezer.
I haven’t heard from my sister today but I did text her and I hope the ‘air leaking’ is improving. That’s from the surgery where the tubes are placed in the lungs and air can accumulate. It’s apparently painful so she is on pain killers.
With the weather so nice, it’s hard not to be thinking of getting the garden going. But it is a bit early. I think we will start some spinach and beets and lettuce though as it’s plenty fine for them.
Tomorrow is a gym day and then more of the same.
My sister is in the hospital recovering from a surgery where they removed part of her lung for lung cancer. They thought it was isolated in a nodule but the pathology just came back and its small cell carcinoma. Not good.
Her family is devastated as is her husband and me as well as my brother.
I’m looking into flights to Connecticut for March maybe April but probably sooner than later.
She has come out to visit me every year since my SCT in 2006. This is terminal for her even with chemo. And she can’t have the chemo till the surgery wounds heal and then it may be too late.
You just don’t know what life is going to throw at you so Live each day fully and lovingly.