Life is about learning and living. Each day is new. The past is gone ,tomorrow, who knows. But we have today.
In the same way of thinking, each of us has a story. Some are happy, some sad, some traumatic some rich, some poor. You get the idea. the point is we all have a story. It is what makes who we are in this moment. Its not for us to judge that story. We can’t be inside someones mind to know what their story is. So, when you meet someone grumpy or depressed or even happy, remember we all have a story.
At this point in my life I am not religious(been there, done that), or even that philosophical (been there, done that), But I try and practice kindness and be aware of just being nice to those I meet. Sometimes it works, other times I fall short. Its all about the journey.
It’s mid week, and I’m a little off my game. Haven’t blogged in a few days,, so here’s some catch up. Walking is going ok. We are on day 252. Still only doing 2 miles but I think when the weather is warmer I’ll want to do more. This morning it was 28* ,thats cold. We are also finally in for rain over the next week. We do need it but it changes the morning routine.
Work was ok yesterday, I still have a bit of a sinus thing going on so not feeling 100%. I had put on a nice split pea soup for dinner in the crock pot. Then my daughter used her hair dryer and blew the circuit so when I got home from work the split pea soup in the crock pot was uncooked since it turned off. Fortunately, split pea only takes an hour on the stove ,so in to a pot it went. Then my son and his new girl friend call and see if they can eat with us… Uhh, ok I guess, it’s a good thing I put that soup on the stove.
I’m off to the drop stuff off at the thrift store and go to staples, and the the grocery store for a few things. I’m going to try and keep food budget at or under $500. So I only want to buy essentials. I put Santa $ away from this check and our 0 savings(which is for sinking funds). I also need to call propane and that’s going to be a hit. Also, our taxes are going to be a hit but we expected that with the stock sale last year. Somehow it’s all gone but that’s life here. It’s always something.
I also, was reading Joshua Becketts new book on clutter free kids( not exact title.), but realized my next phase of minimalism is to work on the having only one item of something. I’ve decluttered most everything in the house, but my 2 adult children’s rooms(that’s their domain ), but I still feel there’s too much. Maybe getting rid of duplicates will help, or some furniture. We don’t have a lot if furniture but maybe there’s something I can look at differently.This part of our front room , notice the new grateful dead albums recently framed.
This week in the Flylady zone, I did the kitchen. Always a big job and I broke down and bought her calendar , which I think is the best for writing on. I had bought one at staples with coupons but the dates were just not bold enough. So I’m happy which the Flylady one.
So I missed Carla’s halfdozendaily Sunday night chit chat , but I’m
Reading, or have just finished, Jacque Pepins biography, very good and some great recipes.Also, Debbie Macomber’s new book, Starting Now, kinda sappy.
- Listening to?
- Happy you accomplished this week?
- Looking forward to next week?
- Thankful for today?
- *Bonus Question*
and a quick recapture of Jeanette Walls, The Glass Castle, depressing yet inspiring that she became a successful writer.
listening to my son complain that told him to fold laundry.
- We watched more Castle season 3
- Yesterday, I did some batch cooking from “Not your mothers freezer cooking, so I made chicken breast to use in some recipes, 12 baked stuffed potatoes, bread, and I think there was one other.
- It seemed a lot, I sold the tree fort, Waldorf toy, very nice.did a huge thrift store drop off, did all the zone work ,Flylady!
- This week, working my 3 shifts at the library, walking, and generally just life. Oh, it’s my daughter, Sachi’s birthday!
- As always , just being alive and having a very good quality of life.
- I don’t know, now that I’ve gone full with minimalism, none of the household coheres are overwhelming,and I do flylady’s zones so nothing really adds up.
so it should be a fun week.
Update, student loans figured out, payment will be $507. Seriously , do we look like we can afford that, but it’s the government, and like taxes, you find a wAy. Ugh…not too happy about it but well have the Prius paid off in 4 months, so then it’ll be better. I’m going to see how I can make an extra payment on the Prius to get done sooner.
- Reading? The new Jack Reacher”A Wanted Man” , very good.
- Listening to? We were listening to the wind.
- Watching?later, Castle.
- Cooking/Baking? Made the stuffed shells ,from the freezer cookbook, a big salad with blue cheese dressing.
- Happy you accomplished this week?alot with my new freezer cookbook.
- Looking forward to next week? I have next Saturday off, so I’ll go to the farmers market!
- Thankful for today? My 2 great kids, my cancer is stable, and my husband.
- *Bonus Question* Do you like your name? Would you change it if you could?
- I’ve always liked Anne or Annie.