Today is day 107 walking . Pretty good. I’d really like to add an extra .5 mile but with rev/dex it’s aliitle hard to do . But overall it’s great.
we had an estimate on one of our more dangerous trees and the bid is $1075, plus the crane fee. I think it’s very fair as this includes chipping and clean up. So sometime in October it will get done. Hurray. Maybe next year we can budget the really big tree.
B is off the New Mexico for the week tomorrow , and Tuesday starts my 5 days working. I’m just going to glide thru and then rest when I come home. It should be fine.
We’ve been watching season 5 of doc Martin , it’s so great to see that scenery in northern England. It’s a great series if your looking for something new. Most libraries probably have it.
I just started reading Elizabeth Berg’s new book, OMG, it is also great. She’s a very good writer who really explores how most of us feel at some time or another and weaves it into a story.
B has just about wrapped painting all the outside buildings and trim. A very big job!
tonight is roast turkey breast,and baked potatoes,I had frozen. If your looking for A great freezer idea, double stuffed potatoes are terrific. I cut the potatoes in half , then it’s more like a side dish. I’ll steam some broccoli on the side.
I’m finally coming out of the dex haze, hurray….
I’ve been busy with all kinds if things since last week especially as the rev/dex wore off. This is my week off till probably Thursday. That’s the earliest I can get delivery as you have to sign for the revlimid. So, I’ve painted kitchen cabinets, worked on organizing pots and pans. Also, did another sweep thru the pantry.
On the low spend September, it’s not been to good. I’m doing great with food/non food but house painting and house miscellaneous is still adding up. Two trips to Home Depot , and another $75 apprx. Then some more paint for the aviary, and so it goes. I guess I’ll be happy if we can at least cut the food/ non food some.
I read “My Life in France” ,by Julia Child. It was really pretty fascinating. Now I’m reading some little murder mystery paper back, can’t even think of the title.
This week I work 1 extra day,but next week I’ll e filling for my co worker who is getting surgery. I’m a little concerned especially being on revlimid. I’m telling myself, just pace yourself.
Oh, the exciting news was yesterday was my 100 th day walking! Now I’m going for the next 30 days. I havent really lost any weight but I’m walking and that’s what matters.
On a sadder note, a myeloma blogger on the myeloma beacon, isn’t doing well and is expected to die in the next few days. It’s always a somber reminder that this is a terminal disease. She lives in Idaho, and has a wonderful dog named Kemmer. He’s a beautiful golden retriever. She also has an incredibly support sister, Jani, who has been there for her the whole way. She’s tried every combination of drugs, and now nothing is working. I’ll miss her posts.
- Reading: Just finished Elizabeth Alder’s “Just Don’t Tell”, ok mystery thriller.
- now I’m reading”the Silent Wife”. It is excellent, but again this is a true psychological thriller.
- Watching: I watched a stupid girl movie, “Friends with money”, dont waste your time.
- Listening to: fire planes, there is a fire in our area.
- Cooking/Baking:made a yummy chicken stir fry.
- Happy you accomplished this week: Well, I walked every day, we got the studio painted, inside and out.
- Thankful for: My wonderful husband, my two great children, our health insurance , and life is good.
- Bonus Question: Can you walk well in high heels? Do you wear them often?
- I would love to wear a pair of jimmy choo’s just once, but alas, I have terrible feet and have to wear something low with a ton of support.
So,on a different note, I should get the call about my revlimid today. I see the doctor on Thursday , so I will explain how unhappy I was that this fell thru the cracks somewhere…
On the other hand I got an extra month off chemo, but if my numbers are up again, I won’t be thrilled about the delay.
The picture is from DLBliss campground in Tahoe, where B and my daughter Sachi are camping and kayaking.I’m home on cat duty.
- Reading? The new Jack Reacher”A Wanted Man” , very good.
- Listening to? We were listening to the wind.
- Watching?later, Castle.
- Cooking/Baking? Made the stuffed shells ,from the freezer cookbook, a big salad with blue cheese dressing.
- Happy you accomplished this week?alot with my new freezer cookbook.
- Looking forward to next week? I have next Saturday off, so I’ll go to the farmers market!
- Thankful for today? My 2 great kids, my cancer is stable, and my husband.
- *Bonus Question* Do you like your name? Would you change it if you could?
- I’ve always liked Anne or Annie.